Name:

I would like to share the "bits and pieces" of my life that makes/builds/moulds the current ME, Carmen. I hope you will be encouraged and blessed through the short sharings I have made here. IMPORTANT: PLEASE LEAVE YOUR NAME (somewhere) IF YOU INTEND TO LEAVE A COMMENT, SO I CAN IDENTIFY YOU! THANKS!

Monday, December 06, 2004

Florence!

Haha.. just passed a "rocky" weekend. I was complaining all the time. Cuz Jim couldn't spend much time with me. Well, I didn't really complain it to him (that's a prb). I wrestled with my emotions alone. I know he has his own priorities, and I shouldn't be so selfish... but on the other hand, I want to see him badly (cuz I'm leaving again pretty soon). It's a horrible weekend to some extent. I was silent most of the time, especially on Sunday. It's hard for me to break through that silence. Well, good thing was... I know my way of tackling this problem was wrong. Heidy's comment sometime ago was correct somehow, she feels I keep a lot of things away from ppl. Well, I can't say I'm hiding my emotions from ppl, cuz I show it all on my face: like/dislike. But I must admit, I do hide my thoughts at times, esp. when I am trying to sort things out.

Thinking back to the days when I was dating with Yusuke, I was alone most of the time. I didn't share my "life" with him (tho' I thought I was), cuz basically he's not around me. Somehow, I practised "isolation" at that time; believing I could tackle every problem alone. Of course this doesn't work anymore. And I need to change my thoughts and behavior dramatically. In fact, it's hard for me cuz I have got used to that kinda "lifestyle". Um... but I'm willing to make a change. I don't wanna make Jim upset again by that.

Well, Jim reminded me to "give thanks" for everything. That's a great reminder!! I shouldn't have complained so much, I shouldn't feel bad. Cuz I'm back (unexpectedly early), and could see my family and him... I shouldn't be so demanding. Really thanks be to God that I could be here in HK these few weeks.

I changed my attitude completely today. Yes, true... I still waited and waited for that short meeting with him, but with a thankful heart... I felt it's worth it. :) And we had a great time this evening.

Saturday: I went out with Florence. We didn't go to our "OLD PLACE" --- Dan Ryan's Fest. Walk this time, we met at Amaroni's.. Stuffed ourselves with the bread pudding. We talked for a long long time. I was so excited the night before we met. Florence is one of my really close friends, my old old old friend, and clearly an angel in my life. Our friendship is definitely blessed by God. I wish I still had those letters we exchanged when we were young, somehow I lost them when I moved to my new home back 10 years ago. : ( (sob sob*) Our first acquaintance with God was in primary 3, when we were singing hymns from the hymn book over the phone. hahahaha... Guess God was really happy with our "singing". hehe... Flo, tho' we don't have much "quantity" in our friendship, we have high high high high quality!! Praise the Lord for placing you in my life. Continue to grow in Christ, I see you're growing in God's love and grace over these two years.

Had a wonderful worship service yesterday. :)