Name:

I would like to share the "bits and pieces" of my life that makes/builds/moulds the current ME, Carmen. I hope you will be encouraged and blessed through the short sharings I have made here. IMPORTANT: PLEASE LEAVE YOUR NAME (somewhere) IF YOU INTEND TO LEAVE A COMMENT, SO I CAN IDENTIFY YOU! THANKS!

Sunday, September 05, 2004

Touchy

Went to church in the morning. Today's sermon was about Exodus: Book of Redemption. Studies on Moses. There's so much to learn from him. He's a sinner--a murderer, but God used him in dramatic ways, not that he could ever imagine. God really works in wonderful/unpredictable ways. Before Pastor Hixon delivered the sermon, we worshipped our Lord with songs and praises (as usual). Unexpectedly, I wept during the worship. I couldn't think of the exact reason for that (or it's hidden...) the harder I tried to hold back my tears, the more my eyes welled up till a point that I couldn't hold anymore... it just flowed...I couldn't stop crying then, I tried really hard to stop it, even my head ached...It's a little embarassing in fact.

Came back from church and cooked for lunch. Boiled shrimp and stir fry Broccolli (can see my effort in my photo album) Pretty good. My cooking is getting better. Good Good! Can survive. Talked a little online then took a nap. May have caught a cold or something. Then woke up for dinner. Made stir fry pork with mixed veggies (see pic again). Really good!!! Tasted like mom's food! Yummy! Wow..seems cooking isn't that difficult. Thanks to Billy and Jim! Who verbally taught me how to cook easy Chinese food before I left HK.

Have some thoughts in the morning: How would we react if God tells us to let go of our possessions (fame/relationships/pride etc.) I was thinking about this... God gave Abraham a son--Issac, but God also told Abraham to offer his son as a sacrifice. God may give something to us, but can also take it away. How often do you place God on the top of your list of priorities? Would you release the "thing" that you've been grasping tightly in your hands when you are told to do so? When things are smooth, would you keep looking upon God? God is good that He didn't let Abraham hurt Issac in the end; Abraham was told to offer the sheep instead. I admire Abraham's obedience. He's loyal to God that he never questioned God's motive, or bargained with God. He followed God's command immediately, without delay! He's definetely not a procastinator! Honestly, if God tells me to let go of my "priorities"... I don't have the courage to do that yet... cuz I love my possessions.