Name:

I would like to share the "bits and pieces" of my life that makes/builds/moulds the current ME, Carmen. I hope you will be encouraged and blessed through the short sharings I have made here. IMPORTANT: PLEASE LEAVE YOUR NAME (somewhere) IF YOU INTEND TO LEAVE A COMMENT, SO I CAN IDENTIFY YOU! THANKS!

Saturday, September 04, 2004

Boring Day

I went to bed at 5am this morning... I spent a lot of time planning my study plan for the coming year. I hope I can shorten my 2-year program to a little more than one, to save all different kinds of costs here such as health insurance, general admin fee and accomodation etc. I'm looking forward to the beginning of the quarter. I know I'll be terribly busy doing admin stuff like changing my student status (Ironically, I'm still a 2nd year Undergrad in their record!), getting the problem of my Social Security Number solved, and meeting the East Elementary School ESL kids.

I went to the Asian Market this morning, and bought some Chinese sauces and Tofu... then came back and did nothing productive at all. I felt soo bored suddenly, so I left home again for a walk in Uptown Athens.. went to Brenen's for a Cafe Latte and a Zuccini Nut Muffin with Gloria. I talked to her for a while... and bursted into tears. Don't know why I miss Wing and Candice a lot. Most of the Chinese here speaks Mandarin instead of Cantonese, well I don't mind speaking in English, but my Mandarin isn't so fluent at all so I'm a little stressful in this Mandarin-speaking environment. (They are all very nice to me!) Thank God! Gloria knows Cantonese, so I could speak to her in my home language... (Felt so good!) Candice and Wing were on my mind throughout the conversation. Once again, I thank God for these two wonderful sisters in Christ.

Came home and had dinner. Spent a long time reading over the Graduate handbook and other documents in my packet. Then talked to Candice. Candice isn't satisfied with her work in Baptist. I wish I were there when she was going through all the pressure from her boss. It's really difficult for her. I'm really sorry for what she's going through. The three of us (Wing, Candice and I) are like fireworks. Shortlived but extremely beautiful. God has captured every shot in the office, and kept those tears and laughers in His archive. Now, I'm here in OHIO, Wing is leaving for Calgary on Wednesday, and Candice may leave by the end of the semester... Our moments in the office will come to an end very soon. At the moment, we're like "dribbles" after the bursting in the skies, waiting for the moment that all the colors/light disappear, leaving traces of smoke in the air.

I bought some of my textbook from the bookstore. Have started reading them. I can't wait. Just wanna dive in.