Name:

I would like to share the "bits and pieces" of my life that makes/builds/moulds the current ME, Carmen. I hope you will be encouraged and blessed through the short sharings I have made here. IMPORTANT: PLEASE LEAVE YOUR NAME (somewhere) IF YOU INTEND TO LEAVE A COMMENT, SO I CAN IDENTIFY YOU! THANKS!

Wednesday, September 15, 2004

A Change Of Attitude

I went to EAST again. I couldn't discipline the children. Ms Kay helped me out. Um... I should be stricter tomorrow, but never yell at them. We made lemonade, they enjoyed it so much. They kept adding sugar to their lemonade. I wonder how it tasted! May be pretty awful!!! Anyway, they like what they made! Cool!~ There's a bomb threat at Athens High School this morning, I was shocked! Tho' I'm not teaching there, I still feel tdisturbed by such incidents-- for my "children's" safety. Those ppl who planted the bomb are defintely nuts!!

Had my phonology test in the afternoon. It wasn't sooo bad. But I was really anxious during the test, cuz I hadn't taken any test for long. Felt little weird! And I was pretty anxious at that time. Anyway, it went pretty well. At least I felt pretty alrite.

First day I didn't fall asleep in class!!!! Hallelujah! I have changed my attitude a little bit. I'm more determined to praise God by doing my best in my daily tasks given. The past week was horrible cuz I didn't wanna work at all (Not in the studying mood, so to speak) Anyway, I see myself studying for God now. I was pretty troubled few days ago cuz I really wanted to drop the Phonology class, cuz I took something really similar in HK... and another reason was simply: I'm pretty freaked out. Well, I've decided to give it a try, cuz I know I defintely need more drills on phonology, and if I'm gonna teach in the future, phonology is gonna be really useful. More, God's preparing my way, He'll take good care of me (no doubt about that cuz he's already shown his grace through different ways) I just have to do my best! I feel so different today. Interesting, whenever I start to lose interest in the class, I'm reminded of my purpose in life: Glorify God! Immediately, I'll straighten my back, and start concentrating again. Praise the Lord! I hope I won't fall asleep in classes.

I rewarded myself with a 2-hour piano playing. It's really good! 2-hour passed sooo quickly. I'm getting better in my practising. I hope I can play the whole piece nicely really soon.