Name:

I would like to share the "bits and pieces" of my life that makes/builds/moulds the current ME, Carmen. I hope you will be encouraged and blessed through the short sharings I have made here. IMPORTANT: PLEASE LEAVE YOUR NAME (somewhere) IF YOU INTEND TO LEAVE A COMMENT, SO I CAN IDENTIFY YOU! THANKS!

Saturday, September 11, 2004

My "Kids"

No internet connection yesterday, couldn't update my blog last night (1 50pm)

I got to meet my first two kids Akhil (India), Ling Yu(China). They are 5 years old. Cute kids!

Started reading the book "The Little book of letting go" yesterday (It's more of a self-help type than religious). Anyway, it talks about being like a child, "to see as they see". Wow! I have no idea what that is about. Funny thing is: I've been thinking about this question since last weekend: "What is a Pure Heart". How can I have a "pure heart"? I really have no idea at all. Thanks to the Lord! God is showing me what that means... that's why I'm placed here, at East Elementary (the youngest ones in the school). I guess I'll be learning a lot from the children here. I'm really excited! I'll be keeping a journal for my teaching so I can note down some really interesting scenes that happened in the small classroom.

I had a busy day yesterday. Went to Hudson for my TB test result after class. The result was positive, cuz the "bump" on my arm is 1 mm more than the standard. (In case some of you don't know how it's tested: they'll give you a shot on your arm, they'll measure the hump that appears 3 days after the shot, if it's 10mm or under, it's negative.) I don't know why the reaction is positive, cuz I had the immunization shot when I was in grade school. I took a chest X-ray yesterday (for more in-depth check for diagnosis), I won't know if that's really TB till Tuesday. Please pray for me. I see it's a good thing cuz I do have some difficulties in breathing after I came here, which I've shared with some of you before. Please have me in your prayers.

Stayed in the piano room for 2 hours then met Ray at Baker Center. We went to this Chinese resturant on College Street (Wun Yuen, if I remember correctly). I had a good chat with Ray, Dorcas and Debbie (they joined a bit later). Anyway, it's nice to have some Hong Kong Christians around, so we may encourage each other to grow in Christ at all times. We went to the Taiwanese Bible-study group together. It's a wonderful night. I pray that we can gather Hong Kong Christian students here, and form some sorta gathering or meet once every week/two. I really hope Hong Kong students will feel home in our gatherings. Please pray for that!