Name:

I would like to share the "bits and pieces" of my life that makes/builds/moulds the current ME, Carmen. I hope you will be encouraged and blessed through the short sharings I have made here. IMPORTANT: PLEASE LEAVE YOUR NAME (somewhere) IF YOU INTEND TO LEAVE A COMMENT, SO I CAN IDENTIFY YOU! THANKS!

Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Better day!

Was struggling a bit, but seems to be alright now. As long as I set my focus on God!

This morning's class was great! Cuz we accomplished the task set! Writing the letter "L" in upper/lower case (D'Nealian) At the beginning, it was pretty difficult to make them follow instructions. Good that I have LingYu, he follows instructions pretty well. Haha.. it's funny, Akhil wants my attention all the time, when I start praising LingYu, Akhil will follow what LingYu is doing to get my recognition. hahaha!!! It's really hard to grab Caleb's attention. It's hard to make him practise the letter-writing. (You know, especially "letter-writing", do you remember those painful days?!haha) Caleb insisted to write other letters, but not "L". Anyway, towards the end of the lesson, I asked them to write their names on their sheets. Caleb surprisngly followed that instruction, and started writing his name slowly. I praised the letter "L" in his name. I said "Good job! Caleb! That's a beautiful "L"!!" (He chuckled) then I continued "Could you write me a line of "L" there?" He nodded and wrote a neat line of "L"s! Wow!!!!!! Amazed and Excited! I showed Ms. Kay their writing, she's impressed cuz Kindergarters hardly write on the line. I didn't know it was so difficult for children to write on the line till then! A new investigation, eh?!

Akhil held my hand again when walking back to the classroom. Sweet!

After my EAST time, I went to Hudson to pick up my TB test result. Yes, it's positive, but I'm only infected by TB, but not having TB disease. Thank God! Being infected by TB is different from having the disease. For my case, I'm infected only. May be somebody around me has TB disease, and he/she coughed at me... so the TB germs is carried into my lungs when I inhaled, but now my own immune system is curbing it by forming a capsule around the germs itself. So the TB germs is now dormant/sleeping. However, as it's still active in the body, it may develop into TB disease someday suddenly which can kill. From next week, I'll be going through a 6-12 months medication period to kill the germ in my body. I'll be taking Isoniazid (INH). I'll be visiting the Health Center pretty often from now.

After class, I went to Alden Library. First time since I came here. Honestly, I had this fear before this afternoon, I didn't dare to walk in the library. Even knowing it's undergone a lot of major renovations. Anyway, Gloria accompanied me, I stepped in through the 2nd floor. It's compeletely different! So cool! I studied on the 3rd floor (this floor hasn't changed at all unexpectedly) I'll be staying there more often from tomorrow after class. Guess that place will be the place I hang out often again.

Before I went to the library, I bumped into Midori. A girl I once knew...We had a brief chat (a really brief one) she hasn't changed much in appearance, I think. Just a little older... But her English has improved a lot, which proves once again "Immersion" works on some individuals. hehe!

I got an interesting/insightful email "response" from Heidy about my "kids". I hope she can share her feelings towards kids here as well. Heidy~ You're really sweet! I'm sure my "kids" will crowd over you when they see you, cuz you have a sweet/sincere smile!!!