Orientation Day
Super long day! woke up early for the orientation! I hesitated to bring the orientation packet cuz it's too heavy, anyway I brought it with me (and I see the reason hehe...) I walked downhill, when I was on the road, a car stopped in front of me. Two mainland Chinese offered me a ride to Baker cuz they noticed I was holding that orientation packet! Then I got to know these two mainland Chinese (can only remember one of their names: Liu Fengming). Thanks anyway, they gave me a ride, or I had to walk for 30 mins to Baker Center.
The orientation was long... I felt so tired at the meeting! Anyway, I got to know some new ppl. Mi Kyoung (Korea), Grace (Shanghai), Yang (mainland in Linguistics), Li Yue (mainland) and some others... I was so overwhelmed by their names! Funny! The mainland Chinese said my Mandarin is really good! They're pretty amazed! hahaha What an encouragement! Grace also lives in the Courtyards, she's in Block 5, I'm in Block 2. We are kinda near. We're going to join the Lancaster trip tomorrow. She's a nice girl, a pretty naive girl.
Had lunch at Nelson Commons. So funny! Had dining hall food again. I realised my taste hasn't changed much. Still Turkey Breast (on croissant), salad and soup (with Zest crackers). I also grabbed a cookie before I left. I wonder how I could eat that cookie several years ago... it's sooo sweeet!!!!!!! Anyway, it's fun to have dining hall food again. At least I stuffed myself up for the day. hahahah!!!! :P
I'll be attending a bible-study meeting tonight. When I was having lunch, I was approached by several Taiwanese Christians.. they told me there would be a bible-study nite this evening. And they also mentioned about the service on Sundays! WoW! It's not in town (somewhere around the Plains), but they'll give me a ride!! Somebody will be picking me up from my apt at 7 20pm this evening. The bible-study will end approximately at 9 30pm.
I am very excited. Hope God will lead me to a church suitable for me soon.
I haven't met my flatmates yet.
I MISS ASIAN FOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Sob sob*)
The orientation was long... I felt so tired at the meeting! Anyway, I got to know some new ppl. Mi Kyoung (Korea), Grace (Shanghai), Yang (mainland in Linguistics), Li Yue (mainland) and some others... I was so overwhelmed by their names! Funny! The mainland Chinese said my Mandarin is really good! They're pretty amazed! hahaha What an encouragement! Grace also lives in the Courtyards, she's in Block 5, I'm in Block 2. We are kinda near. We're going to join the Lancaster trip tomorrow. She's a nice girl, a pretty naive girl.
Had lunch at Nelson Commons. So funny! Had dining hall food again. I realised my taste hasn't changed much. Still Turkey Breast (on croissant), salad and soup (with Zest crackers). I also grabbed a cookie before I left. I wonder how I could eat that cookie several years ago... it's sooo sweeet!!!!!!! Anyway, it's fun to have dining hall food again. At least I stuffed myself up for the day. hahahah!!!! :P
I'll be attending a bible-study meeting tonight. When I was having lunch, I was approached by several Taiwanese Christians.. they told me there would be a bible-study nite this evening. And they also mentioned about the service on Sundays! WoW! It's not in town (somewhere around the Plains), but they'll give me a ride!! Somebody will be picking me up from my apt at 7 20pm this evening. The bible-study will end approximately at 9 30pm.
I am very excited. Hope God will lead me to a church suitable for me soon.
I haven't met my flatmates yet.
I MISS ASIAN FOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Sob sob*)

<< Home