Name:

I would like to share the "bits and pieces" of my life that makes/builds/moulds the current ME, Carmen. I hope you will be encouraged and blessed through the short sharings I have made here. IMPORTANT: PLEASE LEAVE YOUR NAME (somewhere) IF YOU INTEND TO LEAVE A COMMENT, SO I CAN IDENTIFY YOU! THANKS!

Sunday, August 22, 2004

Solomon Guggenheim

Spent only an hour at Guggenheim Museum. It's beautiful. I love it.. Thought of seeing the statue, but was raining cats and dogs. So I dropped the idea, anyway, I don't have much interest to see that.

I was so fascinated by the "Speaking With Hands" section in the Museum. It's a tiny, cozy museum. Much smalled than Metropolitan Museum of Art, but I love this one more.

I saw a lot of photographs on the expression of Hands, and have quite some reflections on it. The artist uses "minimalism"... I'm not at artist at all, so may not know how to criticise professionally, but indeed I have my own sense of appreciation. May be I'm a pianist myself, I have this fascination over the use of my HANDS.

Here's some of my reflections of HANDS (in words, not in art tho'):
Speaking of hands, I'm not an artist, but often perplexed and amazed by the way artists portray beauty/spirituality through their works about HANDS. Just like me, being a musician (tho' far from being professional) possess a different sense of appreciation of hands, mostly through touch and movement: the lifting/lowering of the wrist, or the tapping of the keys by the delicate movements of each finger. I was astonished when I saw the photographs of different portrayal of hands, each stands on its very own; carrying a different kind of sensuality. The lines and texture of each hand is carefully shown through the shadows and light. I vivdly remember one photograph in the gallery, showing a guy squeezing a lump of clay in his hands, immediately follows under is a pair of opened hands with that squeezed clay, saying "My hand is my heart"-- I chuckled. I was then stunned by another photo showing a pair of wrinkled hands, I associated these hands with my granny's--more wrinkled and crooked. I then stopped for a moment and looked at my pair. Awfully rough, pre-aged, far from tender hands!! Not pleasant to hold at all. The line "My hand is my heart" came across my mind at that very moment. I can't agree more! I've often being teased by family and some friends of the roughness of my hand...not feminine at all.. more of a little boy's some may say. But these hands I possess do reflect my personality pretty clearly--a "can't be bothered" type of girl, and sb who's willing to roll up her sleeves and work when needed (The extreme type!) They show my anxiety (blisters- time when I bite them; a shameful habit that I can't get rid of) They show my excitement (when I bother to wear a different ring(s)) They show my hardwork (redness on the tip of my fingers--too much practising) They show my anger (Gripping hard on something) ... They show my passion, at all times!

The Museum is pretty good. I don't exactly know what "minimalism" means.. but from the word "minimal" may suggest "simplicity". I kinda like this kind of art.. the sculptures need not be of any fancy design at all, the clear lines and curves can give room for viewers to enrich their imagination. I like it!

I had a nice long chat with Heidy. She's really right. I was trying to hide "part of me" when I was in Year one-three.. guess it's really common. We tend to show just part of our personality to others only. I had this really long chat.. don't know why getting to talk to her more often again. She's always the A-class girl!!! hahaha!! I mean it! Well, I really enjoyed the talk. I sorta gave her a glimpse of my life. I'm opening up a bit... Well dears, just ask and I'll try my best to answer your questions about me, cuz I'm no longer locking myself up as before. :P

I then met Irene at 6pm at W 72nd Street Station (Broadway) traveled all the way to the WTC site, stayed for a short while, then moved to Times Square for a quick dinner (cinamon stick + Tropicana Ruby Grapefruit) then saw The Lion King, sat write in box 7 (with partial view only), but it's really goood. After the musical, accompanied Rene to McDonalds and went to Jamba Juice for "Strawberries Wild" then headed home.

Now tired and exhausted. It's kinda chilly at night, feels like the temperature has dropped by 15 degrees celcius after the rain (in 2 hours).. heard the cold front just crossed the continent. Feels like Fall!