Name:

I would like to share the "bits and pieces" of my life that makes/builds/moulds the current ME, Carmen. I hope you will be encouraged and blessed through the short sharings I have made here. IMPORTANT: PLEASE LEAVE YOUR NAME (somewhere) IF YOU INTEND TO LEAVE A COMMENT, SO I CAN IDENTIFY YOU! THANKS!

Saturday, August 21, 2004

Long Day

Took a nice and long walk around Central Park alone. Didn't have a map with me at first, kept walking along the paths in the Park. I then prayed to God "God, I don't have a map, and I don't know the way. This Park is really huge, please be my guide, and take me to the places that's worth seeing". I strolled for a long while, came across some interesting spots (didn't know their names at that time), then finally hitted The Dairy--a place I could pick up maps and information. Then I checked the places I went, and realised I've already visited most of the hit spots in Central Park South! With the map on hand, I went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art (The Biggest one in town). It's such a huge place!!!!!! I realised I spent almost 2 hours for the first three rooms of the first floor (I have one more floor). You know, after such a long walk in Central Park + jetlagging, I was nearly exhausted! My eyes started to blur!!! Then I decided to pick the ones I wanted to see most on the guide! There's just so much to see, and they are all very interesting to me! I couldn't really pick from them. So I decided to just walk in the museum, without following the guide. (Anyway, the place is too huge that the guide doesn't help much at all). Thought of meeting my friend at 5pm in one of those shops... I gave it up before 4 30pm, and took a short nap on the bench!

I walked back to 74th Street to have dinner with Bonnie and Winnie (my sisters' old classmates). They took me to Brooklyn (an old town, far from developed). Gave me a glimpse of a different New York! Anyway, we headed to this bar (Don't know the name) as they had their "Happy Hour", I just asked for juice cuz I'm not a 'drinker' at all. Then we went to an Italian Restaurant (Aurora) somewhere in that district. I ordered "home-made pasta with spinach, cherry-tomatoes" (apparently I was deeply attracted to the word "SPINACH") It tasted AWFUL! EWW!!! I couldn't finish even half of the dish! It's become the worst dish I've ever tried in my life.

After dinner, they thought of taking me to the River to see the Manhattan skyline. We spent an hour walking around that district, looking for the way out. We're pretty stuck in that area. When we reached "Jay Street" , we decided to take a cab (after an hour walk already). When we were about to hit York Street, we changed our minds and headed back to Manhattan by Brooklyn Bridge. I got to see the skyline on the bridge... Empire State, Chysler Building. Was too tired to really enjoy it. Anyway, I'm not entirely a City Girl, I'm not fascinated over the skyline at all.