Name:

I would like to share the "bits and pieces" of my life that makes/builds/moulds the current ME, Carmen. I hope you will be encouraged and blessed through the short sharings I have made here. IMPORTANT: PLEASE LEAVE YOUR NAME (somewhere) IF YOU INTEND TO LEAVE A COMMENT, SO I CAN IDENTIFY YOU! THANKS!

Tuesday, June 15, 2004

US Visa application

I woke up early in the morning to apply for the US visa. It took me more than 2 hours, I went through some tedious procedures which I never expected before. (The system has changed since the last time I went there 3 years ago, due to the 911 incident) Anyway, it wasn't a pleasant experience. But God has shown me AGAIN that He's taking care of me well.

When I arrived at the US consulate in Central, there were sooo many ppl, I could barely fight my way through the crowd. Then I heard the announcer said "Employees should hand in an employment letter from their company" I was worried. But I thought "Hey! It took me 1 1/2 hours to get here, I must try to submit my application." So I stayed in line and waited. I was really worried at that time. Stupid me! I left my bible at home this morning. But I have my little verse book with me, so I started memorising those verses while waiting. Those verses made me feel better, and reminded me that God is taking care of everything, I shouldn't worry too much. So, I waited patiently, and waited for the interview at the embassy. The interview was pretty ok, cuz the questions asked were straightforward and easy. I'll be picking up my visa/passport tomorrow.

I had lunch with Candice in the staff common room, then I met Jimmy in the computer lab. I was so encouraged cuz he's really/truly been checking my "Bits and Pieces" hahaha. And I realise quite a number of friends are checking my page everyday. This is really encouraging.

I went home immediately after work, and played the piano for a while before meal time. My playing tonite was much better than last Thursday!!! Yeah! Then after dinner, I locked myself in the room to have some private time with God. I sang a lot of songs to Him, and actually attracted Irene to sing along with me. hehehe,. I hadnt heard her singing for a long time.

It's been a wonderful day, tho' I'm kinda sleepy/tired.