Name:

I would like to share the "bits and pieces" of my life that makes/builds/moulds the current ME, Carmen. I hope you will be encouraged and blessed through the short sharings I have made here. IMPORTANT: PLEASE LEAVE YOUR NAME (somewhere) IF YOU INTEND TO LEAVE A COMMENT, SO I CAN IDENTIFY YOU! THANKS!

Sunday, November 07, 2004

Christ Lutheran Church: Luther and Jeanne Haseley

I talked to Jim a bit this morning. I love talking with him. Tho' we're only babbling most of the time, I enjoy "being" with him. His graduation ceremony will be held tomorrow.

God answered my prayer:
I'd been trying to meet with my "host parents" 3 years ago at Lutheran Church. I miss them a lot. Several weeks ago, Debbie told me that she met Jeannie at the International coffee hour. I was a little jealous actually, cuz I wanted to meet them badly. So I tried to email them again last week. I prayed to God "Lord, let me see them! I wanna meet them. Please~"

This morning I was wondering how I could get to Athens Bible Church, cuz I needed a ride to get there. At first, I thought I needed to go to Central Methodist Church for the prayer meeting for the persecuted church. But they didn't contact me after thursday, so I didn't have a chance to arrange a ride to AB Church. At 9 30am, I asked Jim to pray for my ride. Shortly after the prayer, I checked my email, and saw Jeannie's email which wrote "We'll be at LCM these two weeks". I was so delighted, I told Jim about it. Not long then, I decided to go to LCM.

I was so excited on my way to LCM (40 mins walk from home). It didn't feel so long at all. When I was at the door, I couldn't wait to see them. I saw Jeannie first, she hasn't changed much (as elegant as before), and we greeted each other courteously. Jeannie told me that Luther and she would be attending the 11am service. We didn't sit together at the service.

It's All Saints Service today. Pastor Lynn asked the congregation a question: Who has the greatest impact on our Christian faith. It's a tough question. For one moment, I wasn't paying attention during the announcement. But I suddenly heard his name "Luther Haseley" in the prayer list (I suppose). After the service, I got the chance to talk to Luther at last. He gave me a big hug, the same strong hug with a big warm smile from 3 years ago. But he looks different...he looks pale and skinnier than before. When he hugged me with his strong arms, I could feel the strength and care from him. We talked for a short while, I gave Luther and Jeannie another hug before we left. My tears started flowing when I was hugging them in my arms, Luther's eyes got welled up too. I was tongue-tied. I could only utter: "Thank you. I really missed you". I really thank them for taking care of me 3 years ago. We agreed to meet sometime this week for lunch. I was touched when I saw Jeannie holding Luther's hands tightly.

Memories from the past flowed, I still remember 3 years ago, when I came to him with a deep-sank heart, he comforted me and whispered, "Carmen... it's over. It's over..." (not knowing what's wrong with me), while I was weeping hard in his strong arms. I felt God was holding me through him. He touched my heart so deeply... later then, he forwarded me to Pastor Lynn. But I didn't respond to her.

After all these years of troubles/confusion, I returned to LCM once again with a renewed heart. It's an amazing experience. Pastor Lynn remembers me. She called out "Carmen! Is that you?! It's been 2 or 3 years!!" We had a short chat. She has cancer, and lost all her hair and now it's growing back--- DARK and BUSHY! Thank you Lord! I feel good when she could recall who I am, and could call out my name. I felt I'm home once again!

On my way home to University Courtyard, I flipped through the bulletin, and realised Luther's sick. I couldn't stop crying after knowing that he's sick. I cried to the Lord "Please heal him..."
I was speechless, I could only feel pain in my heart. I really thank God for letting me see Luther and Jeannie. But what's happened to Luther? Lord, why?

Lord, please bless the Haseley family. I don't know how sick he is. Please carry him through this hard time. May God empower the ppl around him. Protect him, be with him. Let Luther experience you more. Please Lord, hold him in your arms, just as once he held me in his. Lord, please give him peace, and courage to walk through this. Be with him Lord. Listen my prayer!! Please!!!! Lord!

Now I know the answer to Pastor Lynn's question earlier---- Luther Haseley

I miss my family more, esp. granny and mom