Name:

I would like to share the "bits and pieces" of my life that makes/builds/moulds the current ME, Carmen. I hope you will be encouraged and blessed through the short sharings I have made here. IMPORTANT: PLEASE LEAVE YOUR NAME (somewhere) IF YOU INTEND TO LEAVE A COMMENT, SO I CAN IDENTIFY YOU! THANKS!

Saturday, October 30, 2004

Halloween

I started off my day by talking to Jim over MSN. It was a long but extremely sweet chat. (Jealous u ppl? :P) It's indeed a nice chat.

I was so happy, cuz Jim received my present for his graduation. I didn't mention what I prepared for him last time cuz I wanted to give him a nice surprise. hahaha. Let me share with you the whole thing:

I'd been thinking of what to get for his graduation for a looooong time, more than a month. (especially for a guy like him, who doesn't like big brands or so :P) So I prayed to God for wisdom and guidance to prepare something Jim truly loves. I must say, I'm not a creative person when it comes to presents/gifts, I may have a lot of crazy ideas but I'll never try to work them out. God's been truly wonderful, given the limited time I have to prep (i.e. my own work schedule, and his upcoming grad day) God still guided me and inspired me with this great idea. I came across this store, and saw a nice 3D photoframe, and "BOOM!" that's what I needed. But I didn't get it immediately, I waited a bit for more ideas to come. And I did, have more inspirations. Yo-hoo!! I came up with another idea---a scrap book. But I didn't get anything from the store.

The next day, I was so excited as I felt I was ready to start the "collecting" work for the scrap book and the frame. hehe... So I went to Cross bookstore, and bought some materials for the scrap book... I didn't get a lot cuz I didn't know how much I might need.

Next day I went to the store again, and got some wrapping paper and a box for the present. I prayed to God about that too, cuz I know I must mail it out the next day. I was really in a hurry. I bought more scrap materials. And went to the other store for the frame and the scrap book. (ugh-huh... so u see there's something weird about my sequence of buying yeh?! But thank god, it all worked out well!)

I worked in the living room that evening, my roomates were amazed by the "silly" ideas I had on mind. hahaha! They couldn't believe I was that creative (Me either! Thank you God!) They saw how I hid my secret notes in it, and how I organized it. ahaha! It's truly a fun thing to do. I enjoyed making that. The most intersting thing was about the card... the idea I had didn't work at all (not to tell what it's) but.. I came up with another idea , a more brilliant idea with the scrap materials I had on hand (Cool!) It's really God's work, cuz I didn't know where to place those materials anymore when I realised my scrapbook was already full.. but amazingly, the color of the remaining materials matched perfectly with the color of the card!!!

After much writing/cutting and pasting... I finally had to wrap the thing up... I wrapped it extremely nicely (Proud!) with golden/silvery wrapping paper (tissue-like).... tied them with a nice ivory ribbon, and put them into the box that I bought. The box could hold the presents well!!! Truly great!

Ofcourse I mailed it immediately the next morning, the postman said they might break the frame... um.. I was pretty worried at first. Then I prayed to God... "Lord! Thanks for giving me these great ideas, I hope you bless this gift can reach Jim on time, and more it won't break on its way, it's your present to Jim that you've prepared through me, I'm sure it'll be in its best condition when it reaches Jim. Amen!" Thank you Lord, when Jim received it, it's as good as the time I last saw it.

Anyway, Jim loves it. I'm really :) He was impressed! hehe!!! Never imagined I would be so creative yeh? That's true! Me either! It's truly God's inspirations!!!!

Tonight I went to Court Street with Yoko and Naomi a bit for the Halloween. I didn't like that feeling. So I tried to come back as soon as possible. They were so disgusting... I felt really bad when I was there. What's the point... Girls were not respecting their own bodies, and guys were so disgusting. What are they doing? I feel sad for these ppl. They really have lost their minds completely. Why are they celebrating something that evil?