Christmas Eve
I was waiting waiting waiting. I haven't overcome my jetlag yet. I didn't sleep at all last night. Waited till sun-rise... suddenly this song came to my mind "Sunrise, sunset..."
Well I was up this all morning.... Jimmy called me at 8 45am... he was caroling with his churchmates. I miss home! How I wish I were there. I prayed to God for a special Christmas this year several days ago. I really wanted a special experience with God. When I saw Debbie still at home, I knew something might happen. I was really hopeful.
Jimmy said he would call me back at noon, and said he would talk to me from 1 pm. But he wasn't home till 3pm. I was upset actually cuz I didn't enjoy the waiting... and I didn't sleep well because of that, cuz I was expecting an "appointment" with him. Well, of course I was pretty upset when he MSNed me when he returned, but I wasn't in the mood at all. So I chose not to talk at that point, and hung up.
Then I fell asleep for a short while... and I was still hoping God would grant my wish. Afterall it's the first Christmas Eve since I returned to God's arms. Debbie and I were supposed to join the Potluck at the bible-study group. So we prepared chicken wings for the night. 20 something in total, but it took us too long. We were late for the meeting, and nobody picked us up. I wasn't upset at all cuz I knew very well God would have his own plans for the night. Then I went back to my room, and sang worship songs to the Lord. While I was singing, Debbie knocked in.. and we ended up praying together in the living room. We then prayed for 2.5 hours. The Holy Spirit was clearly with us when we were praying. It was an unusal Christmas Eve for me. When I could kneel before God, and prayed to Him fervently for so long. We were both strengthened in Christ. And realised our weaknesses. God's shown us our weaknesses, and we are sure He'll show us his grace. His grace is always sufficient.
Just about we finished our prayer, and was thinking of our dinner. Yin yin and Qiying knocked on our door. They brought us FOOD!!!! Debbie and I were so grateful!! God surely brought us food at the perfect moment!!!!! Thank you Lord!
We walked down the hill for chocolate after that... and I came back and talked to Jim for a short while.
Now ready for a movie before going to bed. I know it's late.. but I'm not that tired yet.
Well I was up this all morning.... Jimmy called me at 8 45am... he was caroling with his churchmates. I miss home! How I wish I were there. I prayed to God for a special Christmas this year several days ago. I really wanted a special experience with God. When I saw Debbie still at home, I knew something might happen. I was really hopeful.
Jimmy said he would call me back at noon, and said he would talk to me from 1 pm. But he wasn't home till 3pm. I was upset actually cuz I didn't enjoy the waiting... and I didn't sleep well because of that, cuz I was expecting an "appointment" with him. Well, of course I was pretty upset when he MSNed me when he returned, but I wasn't in the mood at all. So I chose not to talk at that point, and hung up.
Then I fell asleep for a short while... and I was still hoping God would grant my wish. Afterall it's the first Christmas Eve since I returned to God's arms. Debbie and I were supposed to join the Potluck at the bible-study group. So we prepared chicken wings for the night. 20 something in total, but it took us too long. We were late for the meeting, and nobody picked us up. I wasn't upset at all cuz I knew very well God would have his own plans for the night. Then I went back to my room, and sang worship songs to the Lord. While I was singing, Debbie knocked in.. and we ended up praying together in the living room. We then prayed for 2.5 hours. The Holy Spirit was clearly with us when we were praying. It was an unusal Christmas Eve for me. When I could kneel before God, and prayed to Him fervently for so long. We were both strengthened in Christ. And realised our weaknesses. God's shown us our weaknesses, and we are sure He'll show us his grace. His grace is always sufficient.
Just about we finished our prayer, and was thinking of our dinner. Yin yin and Qiying knocked on our door. They brought us FOOD!!!! Debbie and I were so grateful!! God surely brought us food at the perfect moment!!!!! Thank you Lord!
We walked down the hill for chocolate after that... and I came back and talked to Jim for a short while.
Now ready for a movie before going to bed. I know it's late.. but I'm not that tired yet.

<< Home