A looooooooooooooooooong Day
I went to EAST, then came back for a short break... headed to school again. My class ended at 5pm.. and I managed to keep myself awake whole day. Then studied the notes for bible-study class on Friday quickly for an hour, cuz I had a meeting tonite for the preparation. Before then, I had dinner with Debbie. We talked a bit, and shared our experience this weekend. It's amazing that we're actually undergoing some really similar things in life. And we talked briefly about the HKSA that we're working together, I was surprised when we have similar thoughts/worries on mind. It's indeed a productive chat. And it convinces me that it's really God's plan. I hope you'll remember this Association in your prayers.
Gotta brief you guys on HKSA, in case you don't know: It's an Independent Association for Hong Kong students basically, who are here in Ohio University, or who will be coming to Ohio in the future. Organised by a group of fervent Hong Kong Christian Students here at OU, who happened to meet in this small little town-- Athens, OH. Surely not out of any coincidence, but God's special plan. HKSA is a channel for Hong Kong Students (newcomers/old folks) to get connected to the Hong Kong Students Community. It's a home, a shelter for Hong Kong students studying here; a place where they can hang out with Cantonese-speaking folks, and where they can find genuine support/friends. A community which strives for continual peer-to-peer guidance/ support, and forsters personal growth in Christ. In ONE word, "Home"!! It welcomes every Hong Kong student on campus to join our meetings. Our coming attraction will be BBQ on 3oth October, 2004 (Saturday). We need more prayer for that. We'll have general meetings every Friday; praying/sharing/singing praises and planning the events for the month etc. (Sounds like an ad. eh? I hope we can come up with a more formal mission statement soon, we're still praying for it.)
Anyway, this is what I (a "submarine") am working with other Hong Kongers here these days. Sounds pretty fun!!
Came back from the prep-bible studying group, talked to Naomi a bit. We prayed (first time). It's really nice.
Have a funny thought suddenly:
I heard something flying into the lamp when I was writing the blog. I paused. And saw this tiny ladybug struggling in the lamp-net. Suddenly I felt, it knew very well that it would be killed by the heat from the lamp soon...still it struggled... the longest "battle" tonite compared to other ladybugs. I thought "At least it thought a wonderful 'battle' before it died." I know, it's just a crazy thought. Getting back to my reading. Have two articles due this week....
Gotta brief you guys on HKSA, in case you don't know: It's an Independent Association for Hong Kong students basically, who are here in Ohio University, or who will be coming to Ohio in the future. Organised by a group of fervent Hong Kong Christian Students here at OU, who happened to meet in this small little town-- Athens, OH. Surely not out of any coincidence, but God's special plan. HKSA is a channel for Hong Kong Students (newcomers/old folks) to get connected to the Hong Kong Students Community. It's a home, a shelter for Hong Kong students studying here; a place where they can hang out with Cantonese-speaking folks, and where they can find genuine support/friends. A community which strives for continual peer-to-peer guidance/ support, and forsters personal growth in Christ. In ONE word, "Home"!! It welcomes every Hong Kong student on campus to join our meetings. Our coming attraction will be BBQ on 3oth October, 2004 (Saturday). We need more prayer for that. We'll have general meetings every Friday; praying/sharing/singing praises and planning the events for the month etc. (Sounds like an ad. eh? I hope we can come up with a more formal mission statement soon, we're still praying for it.)
Anyway, this is what I (a "submarine") am working with other Hong Kongers here these days. Sounds pretty fun!!
Came back from the prep-bible studying group, talked to Naomi a bit. We prayed (first time). It's really nice.
Have a funny thought suddenly:
I heard something flying into the lamp when I was writing the blog. I paused. And saw this tiny ladybug struggling in the lamp-net. Suddenly I felt, it knew very well that it would be killed by the heat from the lamp soon...still it struggled... the longest "battle" tonite compared to other ladybugs. I thought "At least it thought a wonderful 'battle' before it died." I know, it's just a crazy thought. Getting back to my reading. Have two articles due this week....

<< Home