Blessed
Work.... as usual!
Well, finally, we're ready to send out the documents to the 9 publishers. I hope one/some of them will be interested in this piece. Tho' it's not written by me, I still hope it'll get published/accepted at least.
After work, thought of posting those documents at Lok Fu, but didn't have time to do it. So I went home and took a rest before going to TST for dinner with Phoebe. Phoebe lent me her old cell phone, tho' it's not working perfectly, I think it's good enough for a month. hehehe.. Great! I don't have to waste my bucks on another cell phone.
I called Yusuke today, haven't called him for quite sometime. I was a little worried about him after he called the other day. Anyway, nice to know that he's doing fine. COngrats!!!! He's got a high score in TOEFL, a very goood score! COngrats! Something he's really proud of now! Keep it up! Well, he's now "half" in the top tier Japanese Grad School now (with this score) Keep rolling, Yusuke! You're almost there!!
Thanksgiving:
(1) Cell phone from Phoebe: I was so worried cuz I don't wanna spend money on another mobile phone. I know I need one before I leave HK in August. Thanks to the Lord! I've got one from Phoebe!
(2) New York: I was wondering if I should spend money on hotel during my transit stay in New York. I was worried especially yesterday when I confirmed my tickets. Well I still haven't made up my mind where to lodge, but I am sure God has heard my prayer, and will be planning the best for me. Cuz He's been showing me different options.... all I need to do is PRAY!! Will keep you informed!
Thank you Lord!
"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?" (Matthew 6:25-27)
Today I also read about Jacob in Genesis 32. He wrestled with God and asked God to bless him. Then God made Jacob limb, so that he'd be more dependent on God. I shared some of my thoughts on that with Wing yesterday. We talked about my exchange year in Ohio. We both feel that God has deliberately planned this 2nd visit to OU for me. God is like giving me a second chance to live a different "life" from last time. When I first went to Ohio which was three years ago, I dare say, I brought quite a big sum of money with me. Well, I still tried to spend less for the first couple of months, but after that...um... Anyway, this time I'll be living on a tight budget. I must say, I don't even know if I could sustain my living with such money. Well, afterall, I don't wanna ask my family for so much, especially I've graduated for more than a year now. Well guys! I think the verses in Matthew and Jacob's story reminded me something very important:
(1) God will take care of us.
(2) By making us "poor", we'll rely on God more. Note: being "poor", not only financially, can be other aspects.
Anyway, this shows that I gotta rely on God more. And I believe God is showing me his blessings. Well, afterall, God has provided me this Masters education. Tuition waiver + assistantship, which worths around HK$ 300,000 a year. I am sure He'll take care of the rest.
Please continue to pray for me!!
Well, finally, we're ready to send out the documents to the 9 publishers. I hope one/some of them will be interested in this piece. Tho' it's not written by me, I still hope it'll get published/accepted at least.
After work, thought of posting those documents at Lok Fu, but didn't have time to do it. So I went home and took a rest before going to TST for dinner with Phoebe. Phoebe lent me her old cell phone, tho' it's not working perfectly, I think it's good enough for a month. hehehe.. Great! I don't have to waste my bucks on another cell phone.
I called Yusuke today, haven't called him for quite sometime. I was a little worried about him after he called the other day. Anyway, nice to know that he's doing fine. COngrats!!!! He's got a high score in TOEFL, a very goood score! COngrats! Something he's really proud of now! Keep it up! Well, he's now "half" in the top tier Japanese Grad School now (with this score) Keep rolling, Yusuke! You're almost there!!
Thanksgiving:
(1) Cell phone from Phoebe: I was so worried cuz I don't wanna spend money on another mobile phone. I know I need one before I leave HK in August. Thanks to the Lord! I've got one from Phoebe!
(2) New York: I was wondering if I should spend money on hotel during my transit stay in New York. I was worried especially yesterday when I confirmed my tickets. Well I still haven't made up my mind where to lodge, but I am sure God has heard my prayer, and will be planning the best for me. Cuz He's been showing me different options.... all I need to do is PRAY!! Will keep you informed!
Thank you Lord!
"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?" (Matthew 6:25-27)
Today I also read about Jacob in Genesis 32. He wrestled with God and asked God to bless him. Then God made Jacob limb, so that he'd be more dependent on God. I shared some of my thoughts on that with Wing yesterday. We talked about my exchange year in Ohio. We both feel that God has deliberately planned this 2nd visit to OU for me. God is like giving me a second chance to live a different "life" from last time. When I first went to Ohio which was three years ago, I dare say, I brought quite a big sum of money with me. Well, I still tried to spend less for the first couple of months, but after that...um... Anyway, this time I'll be living on a tight budget. I must say, I don't even know if I could sustain my living with such money. Well, afterall, I don't wanna ask my family for so much, especially I've graduated for more than a year now. Well guys! I think the verses in Matthew and Jacob's story reminded me something very important:
(1) God will take care of us.
(2) By making us "poor", we'll rely on God more. Note: being "poor", not only financially, can be other aspects.
Anyway, this shows that I gotta rely on God more. And I believe God is showing me his blessings. Well, afterall, God has provided me this Masters education. Tuition waiver + assistantship, which worths around HK$ 300,000 a year. I am sure He'll take care of the rest.
Please continue to pray for me!!

<< Home