Name:

I would like to share the "bits and pieces" of my life that makes/builds/moulds the current ME, Carmen. I hope you will be encouraged and blessed through the short sharings I have made here. IMPORTANT: PLEASE LEAVE YOUR NAME (somewhere) IF YOU INTEND TO LEAVE A COMMENT, SO I CAN IDENTIFY YOU! THANKS!

Monday, July 12, 2004

Overwhelming Weekend

Didn't write yesterday cuz there's something wrong with the browser. I've had an overwhelming weekend.

Saturday (10th July 2004):
I woke up early in the morning to meet Chris in Tai Wai at 11am, to pick up the violin. Thought I could start the lesson straight after. But Samuel was too tired that he slept through the alarm. Anyway, I managed to have a talk with Chris. And Thank God, Chris lends me his violin for two years, so I don't have to buy one for the time being. After leaving the violin at home, I met up with Judy at 5pm to attend Jimmy's "debut" at his church in CSW. Jimmy's first formal service playing at his fellowship meeting. It's a nice worship time. I enjoyed it very much. The theme for the fellowship was about loving each other in our fellowship. So the songs chosen were mostly about friendship. I must say, several faces came across my mind: Jimmy, Wing and Candice. I'm very glad that God has placed these three at this point of my life. Jimmy is always the good co-laborer, who cracks me up from time to time. Wing is the patient listener, and Candice is the good advisor! I reflected the time spent with these three. I am really thankful that God has blessed me by placing them around me. When I thought about the time spent with them, I realised they give me this feeling of family and fellowship (in the workplace). I feel I'm back home when I'm working in the office. That's why I returned to the office during my day offs last week.

After the fellowship, Judy, Jimmy and I went to TST for dinner. Judy is a friend from university. The first person I met at Baptist University during my first year. Glad to see her again! Will be meeting up soon. After dinner, I met up with the DGS folks: Elaine Chiu, Vonne, Fanny, P.Koo and Prudence. They haven't changed much. I was really impressed that Elaine and Fanny remember my favorite flavor of the Mcdonald's sundae-- Caramel (Can't get it anymore! sad~)and Vonne remember the "timing incident" in the girls' bathroom. hahahaha~

I reached home at 1:30 am in the morning, and was struck by an email in the middle of the night. I received an email from Dr. Beverley Flanigan at Ohio University, which says International Students should stay away from the "River Edge Apt/River Park Towers" because students were being attacked by the "partying undergrads". I was pretty bothered cuz I didn't wanna spend time to do the search again, and for a split second, I felt really anxious cuz I wanted to be in control! I couldn't bear that moment of 'losing control' over something, that's also why I hurried in searching for an apartment. But now I know, I should let God take over my life completely. I guess God has His own plan for me, may be there's some other place which is better for me to lodge, or simply that place isn't good for me to stay. No matter what, I should rely on God completely, cuz He knows the best!! I guess it's good in a way as I get to learn to rely on God more, and let God takeover my life completely. Well, more, I can say a little more in my testimony. (Plz pray for me, I need a place to stay at Ohio) I was really upset at first, but Jimmy comforted me over the night, and tried to make jokes to crack me up. We kept talking on the phone till 6am. I basically stayed up all night, and attended church sermon at 11 15am this morning. Jimmy caught a cold over the night. Sorry! (Plz pray for him)

Sunday (11 July 2004):
I went to church. Feel pretty exhausted cuz I didn't sleep the whole night. Met up with Vonne and Natalie at HK CONVENTION CENTRE, had lunch together. Vonne and I spent some good time together in Admiralty. Thought I could have violin lesson today, but Samuel couldn't make it again. Anyway, I had a good chat with Vonne, and have decided to play music together tomorrow after work. It'll be fun! Cuz the lesson was cancelled, I went to SSP to meet Jimmy for dinner. We ended up attending a sermon at St. Andrew's Church in the evening, cuz he missed the service at his church in the morning. The sermon at St. Andrew's was a little longer than we expected. I enjoyed the worship time more than the sermon itself because I was too tired. Apparently, I didn't know what's going on at the sermon until the short-prayer time that we prayed for each other in groups of 4.

I'm soo sleepy now.