Name:

I would like to share the "bits and pieces" of my life that makes/builds/moulds the current ME, Carmen. I hope you will be encouraged and blessed through the short sharings I have made here. IMPORTANT: PLEASE LEAVE YOUR NAME (somewhere) IF YOU INTEND TO LEAVE A COMMENT, SO I CAN IDENTIFY YOU! THANKS!

Sunday, November 27, 2005

Getting Old

Getting old makes me less willing to take risks, or experience the adventurous "roller coaster rides" in life. "You're only 25" some may comment. To me, it's a great stage of life. Afterall, it's 1/3 of my life (if I'm lucky enuf to live till my 70s).

I had this long talk with Viene several days ago. How indifferent I've become towards the things that I once had intense passion. How I've been beaten up by my own self-talk. She encouraged me a lot by helping me to focus on the things that I have. I have a lot of talents and interests. I don't seem to be bored with life at all. ( I don't think I'll be if I utilise the "things" I possess). Viene and I experienced the same thing that our ideas are often rejected/opposed/turned down by others. We do appreciate the kindness of ppl directing our way, but somehow we wanna do what we want, or "test" our strengths and limits. Sadly, we're confined by the time we have, the duties and responsibilities we hold... we're ripped off and devoured by the cap on our heads.